PMC (Silver Clay) Certification - Module I
The 2019 March intake is now full - to be added to the waitlist for the next course, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
By booking, you are agreeing to our booking conditions - please click the link at the bottom of the page to view them.
Tutor: Julie Holt
Experience Needed: Silver Clay taster or equivalent
Class Time: 09.00 - 18.00
The PMC Certification programme consists of 3 separate modules each with a different design focus that when combined enable you to gain a deep knowledge and broad range of silver clay skills, perfect if you want to build your confidence and develop an in-depth understanding of working with silver clay, whilst achieving a certification for your personal or professional development.
The programme is very flexible, and its modular structure means you can complete each module in any order, at any time and in any accredited training location.
Suitable for those who have an interest in working with silver clay and who want to build their confidence and develop their skills to an advanced level, each module takes 18 hours to complete and is taught over 2 intensive days.
Working exclusively with PMC (Precious Metal Clay) and taught by a Senior PMC Instructor, through the following projects learn how to combine PMC with natural, organic materials such as glass, leaves, twigs & pods, and create structures:
1) Natural materials - Use a leaf or pod to create a stunning pendant.
2) Textured pendant - Includes creating your own moulds and simple gemstone setting.
3) Glass pendant - Learn to set a glass cabochon in PMC and fire allowing for the shrinkage.
4) Band ring – Learn how to make a strong, durable ring with PMC Flex.
5) Toggle clasp - Create a two part toggle clasp
6) Domed bead - Make a hollow bead using dry construction techniques. Can also be worn as a pendant.
Ask about our 0% interest installment plan!
Please note the cost of this workshop excludes materials, which are available to purchase from us.
- All tools and equipment are supplied
- You keep everything you make, in addition to comprehensive student notes to support you after the class and a certificate of achievement upon successful completion
- Light refreshments are provided