Silver Clay (PMC) Certification - Module I
To find out more or book your place, e-mail us at email@example.com
Tutor: Julie Holt
Experience Needed: None
Class Time: 09.00 - 18.00
The PMC Studio Extended Certification programme consists of 3 separate modules each with a different design focus that combined provide a broad spectrum of skills in the use of PMC, perfect if you want to develop an in-depth understanding of PMC and obtain a certification, whether for personal or professional reasons.
Offered on a small group basis, the programme has been developed to enable flexible learning and it's modular structure means you can complete each module in any order, at any time and in any accredited training location.
Suitable for those who have completed Introduction to Metal Clay and want to develop their skills to an Advanced level, each module takes 18 hours to complete and is taught over 2 intensive days.
Working exclusively with PMC (Precious Metal Clay) and taught by a Senior PMC Instructor, through the following projects learn how to combine PMC with natural, organic materials such as glass, leaves, twigs & pods, and create structures:
1) Natural materials - Use a leaf or pod to create a stunning pendant.
2) Textured pendant - Includes creating your own moulds and simple gemstone setting.
3) Glass pendant - Learn to set a glass cabochon in PMC and fire allowing for the shrinkage.
4) Band ring – Learn how to make a strong, durable ring with PMC Flex.
5) Toggle clasp - Create a two part toggle clasp
6) Domed bead - Make a hollow bead using dry construction techniques. Can also be worn as a pendant.
- All tools and equipment are supplied
- You keep everything you make, in addition to comprehensive student notes to support you after the class and a certificate of achievement upon successful completion
- Light refreshments are provided