Silver Jewellery Classes
To book your place click the drop down arrow above to view available dates, select the date required and click 'Add to cart'
By booking, you are agreeing to our booking conditions - please click the link at the bottom of the page to view them.
Should your preferred session be sold out, please contact us to be added to the waitlist at firstname.lastname@example.org
Tutor: Kirsten Hendrich
Experience Needed: None
Monday or Wednesday Evenings - 19.00 to 21.00 (4 week terms)
Tuesday Afternoons - 13.00 to 15.00 (4 week terms - the next 4-week term runs 13th March, 20th March, 27th March, 10th April)
1 day weekend - 10.00 to 17.00
2 day weekend - 10.00 to 17.00
Run in 4-week terms on Monday and Wednesday evenings, and Tuesday afternoons, or 1 and 2-day weekend workshops, these mixed-ability classes teach Silver Jewellery Making techniques. Suitable for all levels of experience, Beginners learn basic skills through ring, bracelet, necklace and earring projects designed to build core skills, whilst Improvers learn new techniques as they progress onto more intricate projects that they have selected themselves, under guidance from the tutor.
All classes are run in our well-equipped studio with a maximum of 4 students, ensuring you get plenty of tutor attention and make good progress during the session.
Techniques covered include but are not limited to:
- Working with Sterling Silver and its properties
- Piercing (Sawing)
- Soldering & Annealing
- Filing, Sanding & Polishing
- Adding interest with textures & patina's
- Bezel and tube stone setting
- Specialist techniques such as reticulation and granulation
- Tools and resources needed
- How to set up your home studio and much, much more...
The cost of this course does not include materials, the tutor will advise you regarding what is required to complete your project prior to the session.
- All tools and consumables are supplied
- Light refreshments are provided
- Participants need to bring a notebook and pen/pencil to the class.
- For safety reasons, at each session closed in shoes must be worn and long hair tied back.