Silver Jewellery Evening Classes
To book your place click the drop down arrow above to view available dates, select the date required and click 'Add to cart'
By booking, you are agreeing to our booking conditions - please click the link at the bottom of the page to view them.
Tutor: Kirsten Hendrich
Experience Needed: None
Class Time: 19.00 - 21.00 (4 weeks)
Run in 4-week terms on Monday and Wednesday evenings, this mixed-ability course teaches Silver Jewellery Making techniques. Suitable for all levels of experience, Beginners learn basic skills through ring, bracelet, necklace and earring projects designed to build core skills, whilst Improvers learn new techniques as they progress onto more intricate projects that they have selected themselves with guidance from the tutor.
Techniques covered include but are not limited to:
- Working with Sterling Silver and its properties
- Piercing (Sawing)
- Soldering & Annealing
- Filing, Sanding & Polishing
- Adding interest with textures & patina's
- Bezel and tube stone setting
- Specialist techniques such as reticulation and granulation
- Tools and resources needed
- How to set up your home studio and much, much more...
The cost of this course does not include materials, during the first session the tutor will advise you regarding what is required to complete your project.
- All tools and consumables are supplied
- Light refreshments are provided
- Participants need to bring an apron, notebook and pen/pencil to the class.
- For safety reasons, at each sesssion closed in shoes must be worn and long hair tied back.